Shelving Anchor Mounting Plates (4 pack)
or 4 fortnightly payments of $23.75 with More info
The plates reinforce the thin body skin, strengthening the body at the locations where the top mounts are installed.
- Additional information
Roofrack World SH-APK4 Shelving Anchor Plates
These plates are used for mounting the shelves into vans and utes.
The plates reinforce the thin body skin, strengthening the body at the locations where the top mounts are installed. A series of 3 holes is drilled into the body, with the threaded plate fed in behind, and a cover plate is fixed on the outer skin. When tightened, a centre 10mm thread is where the shelving is fixed.
Shelving Fitting Instructions
- Lift complete shelving unit into vehicle and position as required, marking only the top support bracket positions on the body. The top support bracket may be shortened if required if the owner requests the trays be positioned closer to the external body of the vehicle.
- This mark on the body is now the centre 10mm bolt hole postion of the anchor plates.
- Drill 5 mm holes at the marked locations.
- Use mounting plate to mark outer holes. Mounting plate are marked horizontally.
- Drill all marked holes with 5 mm drill and proceed to drill outer holes with 10mm drill and all centre holes with 22mm hole saw.
- To fit the mounting plates insert the eye of the installation wire into the centre M10 hole of the plate which is then pushed through the 22mm hole in the body panel.
- With the mounting plate in position behind the panel align the outer holes in both the plate and body panel.
- From the kit, take one of the cover plates and slide it over the installation tool.
- Loosely hold all components with outer CSK bolts before removing the installation wire. Insert centre bolt and tighten outer bolts fully.
- Reset the ends of the installation wire to about 90 degrees and repeat this procedure to remaining plates.
- Tighten all tray bolts and nuts and lift shelving into vehicle, fixing top support bracket with 10mm bolt to the anchor plates.
- Centre thread is 10mm, and the outer threads are 5/16.
Roof Rack World